And so it begins...

With the wedding of my best friend all done as of this weekend, I can finally begin to focus on my upcoming nuptials. This has proven to be quite the process due to a few things: we have a baybay, AND we plan to have our wedding out of the country.
I know. I'm a glutton for the punishment. But it really makes sense actually. I have a fairly small ( almost non existent) family thread, and dear fiancé has a pretty tight yet small core family.
We plan to have the wedding April of next year in Punta Cana Domincan Republic. Contracts need signing NOW, dresses need fitting NOW, and invitations need to go out....yesterday.
Our biggest hurdle is trying to make sure those we invite can even afford to go. Who can have a wedding with no guests?!!! With a years notice, we are hoping that's sufficient time for friends and family to plan accordingly. I'll throw some wedding stuff on here and hopefully you all can help me out along the way.
Off to sign my life away......

Ps: does anyone else think getting your marriage license was super weird? The whole oath thing really threw me off. After we said it, I leaned in and asked, "Did we just accidentally get married"?





3 comments:

  1. That dress is gorgeous!!!! I'm going to give you a piece of advice that one of my good friends gave me: be sure you really LOVE your dress. Because you may find that later as you get closer to the day, you're not so in love with it as you once were. And then you will be taking a billion photos in it. I thought I loved my dress, but then all of sudden it seemed like everywhere I saw dresses nicer than the one I picked. By then it was too late. I still looked great in the photos but honestly at that point I was soo over my dress! Hahahah.

    Things must work differently in CA because I got my marriage license in NYC ( where we got married) and we didn't have to take an oath. So yeah that woulda thrown me to! What did the oath have you say?

    Either sounds like you'll have a beautiful wedding. DR is a great destination wedding. A yr is plenty time for folks to try to find some good deals ( which are always around). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! If you're still looking for a wedding photographer I would love to be considered! :) www.falcongriffithblog.com

    ReplyDelete