Quiet on Set...

I'm blogging from the comforts of my makeup chair in a beautiful classic hotel in San Diego. Such an early morning and though I thought I could enjoy my Monster Energy drink and my Justin Timberlake album on the drive, I could not due to the overwhelming smell of said energy drink. Yuck man!
I'm shooting for HP (Hewlett Packard). It's an ad for a new smartphone based app. Prob shouldn't go into details... On the details until I get the the go ahead. But it's pretty freakin cool!
Whenever I jump into hair and makeup, I always talk the artist's ear off. What's your favorite brand? How long have you done this? Blah blah blah. I get the feeling sometimes they just want me to shut my trap and let them work.
On a shoot like today, my scenes are minimal, yet I have the same call times as the rest of the talent. This translates to :hurry up and wait.
That's no problem for me though. I get paid the same, and I come armed with my heavy artillery of Samsung tablet, earphones, a mophie iPhone case, and my iPhone. I find a quiet spot to stay out of the way, and watch episode after episode of "Greys Anatomy". Not a bad gig, not a bad gig at all.








1 comment:

  1. Lol--I do that to to hairstylist all the time. I ask them where they went to school, how long have you been doing this? What's your favorite product, have you ever cut hair like mine? I bet they are like "ugh stfu!" lol

    ReplyDelete