Here's the STITCH-uation..

     Ok, so I promised you guys I would do a post showing off the goods that were sent my way in my first Stitch Fix order. As you may or may not know, Stitch Fix is the online custom styled apparel program that will send you clothing selections each month based on your likes and needs. If in the package, you like what you see, you simply check out online and complete the purchase for what you wanna keep. If you like nothing, you send it all back in the prepaid USPS labeled bag. Easy peasy!
     Earlier this year, Stitch Fix added a Maternity section to their website. I was super excited to try this out, seeing as I have historically had a hate/hate relationship with what's out there in terms of maternity fashion. I am one of those women who refuse to wear a tent and let myself feel even bigger than I actually am, which is bigger than I'm used to being already!  I lean toward body hugging fashions and comfy fabrics.
    What arrived at my door last week was a box full of "personalized" picks just for me. There was even a dress picked specifically for the "garden wedding" I mentioned I would be attending over the summer. Instructions on how this whole thing works were clear and properly labeled in more than one place on the packaging.



     Upon opening, I must first acknowledge the smell I was greeted by. It was a bit "warehouse-ish" if you know what I mean. Otherwise, everything was very carefully and mindfully packaged up. There was a page full of styling suggestions, a sweet card from my "stylist", and an easy to read price list. 




     The spread included 4 pieces of apparel and a piece of jewelery. Ehh, no thanks. To be honest I never even took it out of it's plastic bag. Just wasn't my style. The next piece was the floral dress picked specifically for that wedding I had mentioned I would be attending later this summer.



    The material was substantial, but the cut and print just weren't for me personally. I felt huge and the pattern was doing me no favors. 
     The next item, I was very excited to see at first! A bodycon geo print pencil skirt they said! It's great for prego bellies they promised! What I discovered instead was that it was nearly impossible to make this skirt wearable. To me, it ended up looking like I was just wearing a skirt I had in my closet pre baby, and said "Thug Life!" and just put it on anyway; 6 month belly bump be darned! 



     The next dress was also a bodycon number, which I think would work with a cute denim jacket and perhaps a cute low heel bootie. The material was super stretchy and ruched. 




     The final item was everything I try to stay away from while pregnant. The flowy, boxy top. Just. No. Hello ye olde belly button! Haha! 


    
      In the end, though I saw potential in one item, it wasn't enough potential for me to feel compelled to keep it. Luckily, like I mentioned earlier, the return process was super easy. I simply placed everything in the prepaid bag, and scheduled a pick up at my front door for the next day. If I had liked everything in my order, I could have made the purchase with a sweet 25% discount added on. I'm still on the fence about moving forward with a July shipment at this point.  I think Stitch Fix is a great idea, however. I think maybe their maternity division needs a bit more time to come into it's own. 
     Tell me, where are you getting your maternity clothes? Have you tried Stitch Fix?

xoxo
    


   








1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready to receive my third stitchfix maternity shipment. My first box included a comfy dress, maternity jeans, an adorable scarf, maternity/nursing top, and a skirt. I kept all of it! The second box included earrings, a wrap dress, a flowy box top (which I didn't care for either), a maxi skirt I requested, and a cardigan. I didn't care for the top, but I liked everything else enough it was cheaper to keep the top and get the 25% discount on everything else. I'm excited to try the next box since they seem to be getting better with more feedback, it's just hard to keep up with the changing body.

    ReplyDelete